Record Processing for Deeds

Land Records Banner 06-26-2020

To maintain a permanent record of the following documents, the original document must be filed with the Clerk of the Court, with a copy to the State Department of Assessments and Taxation.

Land Records: Plats

  • Deeds Subdivisions
  • Mortgages and Deeds of Trust Condominium
  • Land Leases Selected State Highway
  • Releases of Mortgage, Deeds of Trust, etc.
  • Agreements pertaining to Land
  • Financing Statements (land records only)
To record a deed in Prince George's County, you must take the original and one full copy of the deed to be recorded AND the State of Maryland land instrument intake sheet to:

Step 1.

Office of Finance

Step 2.

Land Records Division
Judiciary Administrative Services Building
14701 Governor Oden Bowie Drive
Upper Marlboro, MD 20772

Payment for any fees is required at the time of recording. Cash, checks, money orders and credit cards are accepted. Checks and money orders may be made payable to: The Clerk of the Circuit Court.
See fee information for additional details.

Individual surveys and site plans are not available at the Clerk's Office.

Please Note: Before attempting to record a land document, you should ask your Title Company or Real Estate Attorney to review any county ordinances and state statutes that may apply to your property or document.