If you receive a summons to report for Jury Duty, you must
- Let your employer and anyone else important to you know that you will not be available on the date summoned and, if you are selected to serve on a jury, for several days after until the jury returns a verdict.
- Mark your calendar for the evening before your summons date, and keep your summons handy.
- Find your group number on your summons.
- After 6 p.m. on the evening before your summons date, call 301-952-4387 and listen carefully to the recorded message for your group number. The message will identify the groups of potential jurors who must report as scheduled.
- If your group must report, be in the Jury Assembly Room in the Courthouse not later than 7:30 a.m. Allow enough time to go through the Security Monitors at the Courthouse entrance.
- If your group is not required to report, do not go to the Courthouse; you may be summoned to report on another day.